X Kyle M Thompson

Kyle Thompson's Internet Treehouse blog

Monday, November 07, 2011

Together in Electric Dreams.

I've always been a big fan of 80's music, mainly I suppose because I grew up in the 80's & many of my earliest musical memories come from 1979 onwards (the 80's started a year early with The Buggles' "Video Killed the Radio Star").

In 1984 Phil Oakey & Giorgio Moroder released the very best song from that decade, a song that hasn't really been bettered by anything since. Not only does the Oakey & Moroder original sum up the 80's perfectly but also as a song it is superb - I have collected various cover versions over the last few years & every one is a product of its time & every one is superb in its own way.

Now that's clever, writing the perfect pop song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home