X Kyle M Thompson

Kyle Thompson's Internet Treehouse blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Magic Moments With Brendan Shine

At long last I have a copy of Brendan Shine's 1989 album
Magic Moments with...
Not heard of him, or his canon? Hardly surprising. Brendan Shine
is one of those Easy Listening artists, popular with old ladies
here and at home in Ireland, contemporary of Mulligan and O'Hare
and the like.
So why am I so pleased to have got hold of an album by a little-known
singing-by-numbers artist? Well this album has one thing going for it:
Bould O'Donoghue, a rocking Trad. Irish tune, which I heard on
Danny Baker's GLR show in 1996 and have been after ever since. I'm
listening to it now and it's every bit as good as I remembered it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home